Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 100th Post To Me! Featuring The Birds-The Collector's Guide To The British Birds



Happy 100th post to me! I still don't know if I'm doing it right...
But my heart is in it. Here's one of my favorite discs; The Birds featuring
Ron Wood. Art Wood's younger brother! Art Wood inspired Ronny
to get a band together. And I also want to post some Artwoods for
you folks who might not know about The Artwoods too. I think they
are all good, UK mid 1960's rock,so it all fits on here!
Here's the tracks, so have some fun:
You're On My Mind, You Don't Love Me(You Don't Care)
Leaving Here, Next In Line, No Good Without You Baby,
How Can It Be?, You're On My Mind(Original Demo),
You Don't Love Me (Original Demo), Say Those Magic Words,
Daddy Daddy, Run Run Run(Unissued), Good Times (Unissued),
Say Those Magic Words (Alternate), Daddy Daddy (Alternate),
La Poupee Qui Fait Non (Unissued), Run Run Run (Alternate),
Daddy Daddy (Backing Track),
Granny Rides Again (Unissued single track).
Worth a listen, since it's hard to find, OOP, and a great part of music
history. Lemme(Motorhead) Kilmister's favorite band, I believe...And
look at that smart picture of those young mods up there. That's a good
enough reason to join a band, I think.
http://rapidshare.com/files/127101518/The_Birds-_The_Collector_s_Guide_To_Rare_British_Birds.rar.html

4 comments:

Mr. Suave said...

Happy 100th! I can't believe I just found your blog today and have missed 99 posts. It looks like I'm going to have some fun going back through them all.

I've got a 100th anniversary approaching myself -- soon will hit my 100th modcast of Mr. Suave's Mod Mod World.

Anyhow, cheers and keep up the great posts.

Mr. Suave
www.mistersauve.com

Timmy said...

I hadn't been aware of these kinds of birds... However, I have always been a bird watcher. Nice to find a hitherto unknown species.

frumious bandersnatch said...

Thanks for the Birds ! legendary Uk mod combo with Ronnie Wood, essential to any self-respecting 60s collector.
Happy 100th !!

Trustar said...

Now thats call for a celebration!

Congratulations and keep up the good work '66. Your doing just fine.

T